Experience the world
Preparing & training young people for cultural, work-travel experiences world wide
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE AWAITS
Global Seasonal Experience Training
Building specific skillsets, personal competencies and holistic wellness to ensure a positive exchange and successful international experience.
What we do
Are you thinking of, signed up, or already placed to take part in an overseas camp counselor program? Get ahead of the game by completing our online pre-travel training from the comfort of your own home.
Our feature course includes four, one-hour, once weekly sessions that cover pre-trip preparations, tips and tricks…
A one hour session that provides you with a range of simple games and activities to keep campers engaged and happy.
Do you prefer a more personal conversation? Are you a bit anxious about this experience?
Who we are
GetSETraining are experienced summer camp and training professionals offering different online courses and services to assist participants heading overseas on work-travel experiences ahead of their travel.
- I have worked with Renee for multiple years, and within that time I spent a lot of time in one-to-one and group sessions with her leading. The advice and insight that she offered is immeasurable, and not only changed the way I approached certain obstacles, but how to adapt and become more aware of them in the future.
- The leadership and mentorship qualities that both Renee and Tors show are both inspiring and exciting. The advice they gave out not only created awareness, but the morality and enthusiasm behind its origin was clear. This is evident in their teaching, speaking and mentoring as they share their experiences in a manageable, understandable and positive fashion.
- Working with Renee changed me not only professionally but personally too. I was able to really understand how I reacted emotionally to certain situations, and then how I could apply that to both my professional experiences, but also my personal life.
- Whether working with Renee and Tors for one day or several years, the experiences and advice they give out is extensive and alive with positive ways to not only be a better leader, but more compassionate and empathetic. This allows you to become a much richer person, as the passion that you see from them is addictive and created a sense that I was a part of something much bigger than I first thought
- The energy and enthusiasm that I gained whilst working alongside Renee and Tors is something that is so far unmatched in any other professional interaction I’ve had. The passion, drive and love for what they did spilled out into sessions whether it was one-to-one, small groups or even large numbers, and the atmosphere they created is second to none.
Their personalities not only exude into their work, but their ethics behind why they’re doing what they’re doing is admirable.
- It’s hard to put into words how working with Renee changed my outlook on not only my working life, but my personal life too. I had been a relatively quiet and reserved person, but with her help, insight and continual advice along the way, I was able to flourish and become someone I never thought I could be. It completely changed my way of thinking. The enthusiasm she passed onto me, I make an active decision to pass onto other colleagues, and friends around me.
- Victoria can help your camp get to the next level. She has a genuine love for camp and uses her research background to gather data that can be used to improve how camps operate. She’s received a national research award from the ACA, and is highly regarded in the camp and academic community.
PhD. Researcher at YouGov
What we Learned from an International Exchange Participant Survey
What we Learned from an International Exchange Participant Survey Hey everyone, It’s been a while since you’ve heard from…
What I Learned at the ACA National Conference
I just got back from the ACA National Conference and I’ve got a few things to share with you!…
Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Taking the First Steps Towards a Camp Counselor Job
Are you interested in working at a summer camp in the USA, but don’t really know where to begin?…